Huma Najmul Hassan
Mrs. Huma Najmul Hassan is a Daée and a Teacher.
Her educational background includes a B.Sc and a Masters degree in Islamic Studies. She completed a two year diploma course in the Arabic language from Ummul Qura in Makkah.
She began teaching the Qur’an at an informal halaqah in 1997. Upon requests from students for a more comprehensive study of the Qur’an, and Sunnah, a two year programme comprising of several short courses was initiated in 2002.
This programme later started several off shoots and grew into an Islamic Educational Society Trust – ‘Al-ilm’, with Mr Najmul Hassan as the President.
Alhamdulillah, since then the programme has been successfully running with a team of volunteers and senior graduates in the role of instructors.
Some of the courses under Huma Najmul Hassan’s supervision include the following:
- Bunyaad; A 2 year Certificate course for Women (in Urdu)
- Fahm ul Qur’an; Bi-weekly programme for Women (in Urdu)
- Perceptions; Weekly Workshop for Pre-teen and Teenage Girls (in English)
- Quest; Weekly course for Women (in English)
- Ta’meer; Bi- weekly Advanced course for Women (in Urdu)
- Base Lines; Weekly course for Women (in English)
- Maktab; Maderassa for Children