Founder and Head of Al-Ilm Institute
Huma Najmul Hassan is a Da’ee and a Teacher.
Her educational background includes a B.Sc. and a Masters degree in Islamic Studies. Besides acquiring Qur’anic education, she also completed a two year diploma course in the Arabic language from Ummul Qura in Makkah.
She began teaching the Qur’an at an informal halaqah in 1997. Upon requests from students for a more comprehensive study of the Qur’an and Sunnah, a two year programme was initiated in 2002.
In 2007, the Institute got formally registered under the name of Al-Ilm.
It has since been running various programs for women and children.
Some of the courses under Huma Najmul Hassan’s supervision include the following:
- RIHLA: A 2- year Certificate course for Women (in Urdu)
- Fahm ul Qur’an: Bi-weekly programme for Women (in Urdu)
- Perceptions: Weekly Workshop for Pre-teen and Teenage Girls (in English)
- Quest: Weekly course for Women (in English)
- Ta’meer: Bi- weekly Advanced course for Women (in Urdu)
- Base Lines: Weekly course for Women (in English)
- Maktab: Maderassa for Children